Mental Health in the Syrian crisis has led to Syrian treatment reaching its tenth year, and people’s desires are increasing as time goes by as the generation has lived in an environment filled with war. Those who are still residing in Syria and those who sought refuge in countries like Turkey, all these people require cognitive fitness because of the concussions they have encountered.
The United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees (UNHCR)
The vastly extensive and clinical crises experienced in people inhabiting Syria comprises pessimism, extended sorrow illnesses and various aspects of uncertainty syndromes.
UOSSM’s Role In Mental Health In The Syrian Crisis
UOSSM has fiddled a crucial role in mental health, and it has overseen a couple of mental health initiatives since 2013 to find continual unfolding explanations for mental health problems. It has ascertained a couple of industries, and they include;
- They organised the first Mental Health and Psychosocial Support centres in Turkey and North West in 2014. Additionally, they developed the inpatient acute mental health centre.
- They instigated the first operating model and pathways to procure MHPPS and insure services from vices from a solitary installation to insulate the numerous needs of successors in coordination with the other aid providers in the exact arena.
- Skilled numerous Syrian duty providers on aid conservation service and action services who became very qualified in this field.
- Played a substantial part in organising MHPSS techniques within the Syrian context.
Due to the low number of psychiatrists in Syria, tele-referral assistance was created to address the needs of the Syrians.
UOSSM’s MHPSS Services In Syria Include
- Mental health services that include psychiatry intervention and prerequisite psychiatric treatments exempting any charges.
- Psychotherapy and psychosocial assistance.
- Special Needs restoration (SNR). The assistance is delivered to kids with exceptional wants, pervasive developmental disorders (such as Autism), mind retardation (such as Down Syndrome), terminology and speech and children with memorising problems in organisations. In extension to the discipline of parents and family on how to handle children with special needs; tutored through personal and faction understanding trials.
- Prerequisite of cognitive fitness to Gender-based Violence (GBV) survivors.
- Outreach assistance and scrutiny crusades.
- Academy mind fitness duties.
- Workout and capability edifice in the MHPSS strategy.
Women and Girls Empowerment
It subsides below the umbrella of safety duties. The programme not only encompasses Gender-based turmoil precluding and reaction, but it also implicates various actions to entrust the women, which include the following:
- Psychosocial subsidy.
- Knowledge of insurance catastrophes.
- Specialised employment through case administration.
- Abilities improve actions like knitting and fundamental beliefs of studying and jotting down.
Many conflicts and disasters have hampered Syria. People require mental health treatment because of the trauma they encounter due to many people being killed and losing families due to the war.
Due to the organisations that have been formed, they have helped many Syrian families to be able to deal with their trauma and continue with their lives normally.
The women have also been given duties that make them escape the thought of anxiety.